The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) is reminding state taxpayers wanting to claim tax credits on their 2019 individual income taxes for donations to qualifying charitable organizations, certified school tuition organizations (STOs) and public schools that they have until April 15 to make these donations.
§ Arizona provides two separate tax credits for individuals who make contributions to charitable organizations: one for donations to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO) and the second for donations to Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organizations (QFCO).
Two separate nonrefundable tax credits are available to individuals for contributions made to a Certified School Tuition Organization, which provides scholarships for students enrolled in Arizona private schools.
An individual may claim a nonrefundable tax credit for making contributions or paying fees directly to a public school in Arizona for support of eligible activities, programs or purposes as defined by statute.
For more information on charitable tax credits in the state and what forms to use, visit https://azdor.gov/tax-credits.
To summarize: Individual donations made between January 1, 2020 through April 15, 2020, may be used as a tax credit on either the 2019 or 2020 tax return. Individual donations made after April 15, 2020 through the end of the calendar year may be used as a tax credit on the 2020 tax return.
St. Michael Indian School partners with the following STO’s in the state of Arizona for scholarship assistance programs for students.
- Arizona Leadership Foundation – https://arizonaleader.org/
- AAA Scholarship Foundation –https://www.aaascholarships.org/donors/arizona/arizona-tax-credit-scholarship-program-corporate/
- Brophy Community Foundation – https://brophyfoundation.org/
- Catholic Education Arizona – https://catholiceducationarizona.org/
- Catholic Tuition Support Organization – https://www.ctso-tucson.org/
- TOPS – https://www.topsforkids.com/
For more information, contact: 505-979-5590 Ext. 3036